Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Monday, January 03, 2005

Looking for Volunteers

From our Comments Section, reader requests:

I am a Scientology Volunteer Minister. We have teams of volunteers on the ground in India, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Indonesia, and we are looking for more volunteers who want to go, and for donations so we can send our teams over and support them while they are there.

I have posted information I've gotten about what we are doing on My Volunteer Minister Blog (my own blog). There is a Volunteer Minister hotline you can call, at 1-800-435-7498 or e-mail vm@volunteerministers.org

The only good thing about this entire disaster is the way people are responding to help one another. I am once again confirmed in my belief in the goodness of my fellow man.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Kia ora. My name is Rob Scovell. I cannot go to any affected areas to help (small children and business commitments) but I am skilled in remote Unix/Linux system administration. (10 years Linux/Unix experience.) If anyone knows a Unix/Linux server in a hospital or key infrastructure situation that has lost sysadmin or support staff, and can be administered remotely, please let me know. My email address is

(my name with no space) AT xtra DOT co DOT nz

Rob

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is andrew i want to help. since this tradegy i havent been able to get this off my mind. i want to leave soon but have no idea how to get there and who to join up with. Please call at 1616 696 4771

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

HI

my name is Rhian, I am currently travelling in Aus but because of the boxin day tradgady would like to come out and help in any way i can my email is parry_21@hotmail.com

best regards Rhian

11:04 PM