Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Thursday, January 06, 2005

More Volunteers

--- From Blog Readers---

Hi my name is James, and I am an engineering graduate of Mechanical Engineering for the environment and developing countries.
I have been working for two years for a mechanical engineering firm, and would like to help out in the Tsunami crisis, preferably as an engineer, but in any capacity. I am 24, fully fit, and can put my hand to most things e.g. cooking, building, cleaning, organising etc. I can speak German, and can understand French.
Please contact me at: rodders@e-garfield.com


-----

Hi all ..
i'm from indonesia with my limitations cant do enough for helping out the tsunami victims... but i am very very concern about child trafficing issue .. its been reported that there are some possibilities of child trafficing of children survived the tsunami .. any suggestions or input or idea whatsoever so we can all prevent this to happening ... ??
rheneea@yahoo.com

----

Just as a myriad of the world’s inhabitants have been searching for means to survive, I have been searching for means in which to help. In addition to monetary donations, I wish to donate my time and work. I also would like to remind everyone that rebuilding will take years. The nations affected by the recent events were changed in an instant, but it will take a lifetime to recover and move on. Humanitarian support in many forms will be required for months and years to come. I myself hope to lend a helping hand in the future, but I do realize that due to the current situation it is simply not plausible to do so at this time. I am willing to provide assistance in any form. I speak English and German. I have had much experience in regards to social work, counseling, project organization and assessment. I hope that the outpouring of assistance continues and leads to expanded solidarity between nations, and greater recognition of tragedies experienced everyday all over the world.

Bryan Brasher
Bryan.brasher@gmail.com
4 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Dean, 35, male, UK. Fit/healthy, politics grad, experience of SE Asia, currently not working & would like to help in Asia.
deanmasters@hotmail.com

2:57 PM  
Blogger J. M. Cefalu said :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I'm flying into Bangkok on Jan. 12th. For several months I've been planning a backpacking trip through Southeast Asia. But, if it's possible I'd like to volunteer in the relief efforts in southern Thailand. I've already paid for my plane tickets, and I'm fully immunized. I'll be there anyways. Is there anything I can do?

I'm 24 years old, with a bachelor's degree in Political Science. This relief work is precisely the type of work I want to do. Currently I a manage the customer service operation in a wholesale nursery outside of Boston. So, I have extensive experience both working in, and managing teams of workers loading and unloading large quantities of freight, operating forklifts and
other heavy machinery. This job has helped my afford my trip and pay off my student loans but my real hope since graduating from college in August has
been to become a part of this type of humanitarian effort. I hope you consider my letter. My phone number is listed below, please call. I could
put a resume together if that would help, but I also realize that there is an urgency to the situation. I am very hard working and very eager to help
in any way I can.

Thank You,

Paul Mann, Paulmann117@hotmail.com

Phone # 508-395-0259

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi my name is clark, I would like to help, im 19 fit, healthy and relitavely strong. I have one year of mechanical engineering experience and one year of experience in fabricating kit houses in scotland. i can turn my hand to almost anything and am not afraid to get my hands dirty. I can speak some french and understand the same.
You can contact me at: clarky_boy101@hotmail.com or ckman318@aol.com
i await your response

6:57 PM