Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Volunteers willing to work in Thailand

Collated from blog responses

1 Anonymous - I am in California, I already had a ticket to Thailand before the Tsunami and am still coming. I will be in on Jan. 13th. please let me know who and where I should contact when I arrive. Would prefer to stay in Thailand, but anywhere they need the most help I am willing. Email: chamisah@hotmail.com

2 Robin Geradts-Gill: Aussie male arriving Bangkok 5th Jan, interested in volunteering in Thailand directly after this date. Email: robinn30@hotmail.com

3 Elizabeth Sanderson - I can volunteer. I am in the US and have an education in Social Counselling and Family Therapy. I have spent time in Pattaya City Thailand, but am willing to go where ever I am needed. I can go immediately and could stay for a month or two. Please contact me at 410-822-2338 or Elizabeth_Sanderson@msn.com - ANYTIME!!

4 Carey Chung and Veronica Lee - My friend & I would like to volunteer to help in Phuket and probably also other affected areas on the course of relief work. I live in Shanghai & Veronica lives in Singapore. We can be in Phuket anytime now & can stay to help for a few months. I have volunteered previously in childcare and also counseling work. Veronica was a flight attendant with Singapore Airline, thus, she learnt First Aid during her flying days.
Carey Chung +86 13916024606 careychung@gmail.com;
Veronica Lee +65 92762644 svsvvv@yahoo.com

5 Anna - Hi, I am currently taking my gap year in Thailand, and want to know if there is some way in which I can help the people living through the affects of this disaster. I can not donate money, but I am in the country until June. Can someone advise as to how I could get involved? Email: annag37@hotmail.com

6 Jonathan - I have a flight to Bangkok in two weeks. I was supposed to visit the northern region of the country, but since I heard about the tsunami, I want to help victims in the province of Phuket and around. I can help up to 6 months. Who do I need to contact to volunteer? Email: nufan671@hotmail.com

7 Peter Arcu - I have a number of friends in Canada and the United States who are willing to travel to Sri Lanka and Thailand to assist relief efforts. Many have experience at the NYC ground zero site and recent Florida Hurricanes. Do you know of any airlines that are willing to offer deep discounted travel or free seats to travel from North America? Any possible opportunities will be looked into. Email me at peterarcu@hotmail.com

8 Anonymous - I am currently in Southern Thailand and would like to volunteer either here or in Indonesia. I can travel to any given location within either of these countries. I have at least 1 month to give. Please let me know if there is any need for my services out there. I am 34, healthy, and ready to help out in any way I can. Email: ash1227@yahoo.com

9 AmberDesigns - I am a designer with a degree in Interior Architecture. I have designed medical facilities and alternative housing. I would like to volunteer to assist with shelter reconstruction in Thailand. I also have considerable training in crisis counseling. I can assist for at least a month. Email: conversewithamber@yahoo.com

10 Richard Castleman - I would like to volunteer in Thailand or other affected areas. I Am a college student in Stockton, Ca. with prior military experience, former fire fighter, former lifeguard. EMT certified in Ca. I have worked as a behavioral therapist for the past 3 yrs, and volunteered with the American Red Cross (but, they're not sending anybody). I also have lots of experience with painting & construction. If any organization could put me to work, I would eagerly leave USA. I can stay out until end of January. I would leave here ASAP. Email: rcastleman1369@sbcglobal.net, Phone (209)603-4257
11 Mark - i am wishing to volunteer my time and services to help in anyway i can in the devastated areas of Thailand. I am currently living in new zealand. Although i have no relevant qualifications i am very fit and willing to learn in any area, i would be able to stay as long as is required, and self fund. Email: spankymangler@msn.com

12 Anonymous - I am living in Koh Samui, Thailand, and my visiting cousin and I want to help in the relief efforts anywhere we may be needed in Thailand. Please call me at 072-741-611 or send an email at yoga@worldguide.com . He leaves on the 10th of Jan so it would be great if you get back to me and if we come as soon as possible.

13 Anonymous - Hi I would like to help - Phuket and probably in other affected areas. Have Swiftwater/Flood Rescue and First Aid/CPR qualifications. Email: mcsos88@hotmail.com

14 Anonymous - i lived in Thailand for eight months. i am 20 and i stay in huahin. is there anything i can do to help? i can work for as long as necessary and am willing to do anything to help. Email: garnetdagger@hotmail.com. i can arrange my own travel n everything else.

6 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My friend and I had already planned a trip to Thailand and would like to help out while we are there. We will be in Thailand from January 19-31. We are both college graduates, 23-years old, and I have a CPR/First Aid certification. We would like to volunteer our time but have no idea who to contact. Email: tim.church@gmail.com

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am 20 currently in the US. Undergrad science student with no particular medical/engineering skills but wanting to help. Originally from Malaysia, spent the last year travelling and teaching English in China, India, Malaysia, Thailand. Can speak fluent Mandarin and English and quick to pick up languages. Good with children, counscelling, organizing. I can offer weeks/monthes preferably in Malaysia or Thailand starting mid February. Please reply ASAP to roannliew@hotmail.com

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am currently unemployed, but a former police officer and computer technician. I am willing to volunteer in a tsunami disaster area. I am currently residing in the United States. I am available for contact at randy_law@hotmail.com or (916)548-7178. God bless.

-Randy Law

6:49 AM  
Blogger kate.chan said :

I am from the UK and currently in Hong Kong. I can be available immediately for as long as it takes. I had planned to go to Phuket but any destintion is not a problem. I'm 28 with previous First aid experience and worked with children. I speak fluent English and Cantonese. Please let me know.
Many Thanks, Kate
Kate_W_Chan@Yahoo.co.uk
(00852)94037820

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a 31 year old Canadian (Occupational Therapist)staying in Bangkok until Feb.1st. If there is any way that I can be of assistance in the relief effort within Thailand, please contact me at ataeger@hotmail.com

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am coming to Thailand sometime in July for a little over a week and would like to volunteer my time and skills. I am 24, male and active military currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I will be on a vacation tour through Cambodia, Vietnam and then Thailand, but would like to donate some of my time in Thailand. I'm physically fit, and have a technical skill in Computer/Network Systems along with my obvious skills from the military. I just want to do my part to help those in need. I can be contacted at raalman@yahoo.com.

10:36 PM