Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Volunteers with experience in building and construction

Collated from blog responses

1 Anonymous - I am currently in NY, USA and have approx 1 month to volunteer. I am a strength coach, a former EMT, and have some construction experience. I can be contacted at extreme@jimmybuffett.zzn.com

2 Anonymous - Willing to volunteer for unspecified amount of time. I am living in the US. I have extensive construction experience and willing to help with whatever I can. Please email me at encounter779@hotmail.com or call 651-983-5416.

3 Anonymous - I have experience in construction and have a U.S.Coast Guard Masters license am willing to volunteer in whatever capacity I can. I am 56 and can be contacted at 251-974-2915...Orange Beach, AL

4 Gaurav Kulkarni - Graduate student from Nagpur. I am willing to volunteer for the tsunami relief. I have previous experience in building relief housing and have leadership and outreach capabilities. I will pay my way through to any region that you need me to come down to. If needed I would try to get a few people to come down with me. My contact information is +91-9823361885 or email gauravkulkarni@msn.com . Can start as soon as needed and would be ready to work for at least a months time.

5 Don Orkoskey - my email is donorkoskey@yahoo.com . I have a labor background so I can help rebuild buildings, I can cook as well and I am strong and hard working. Though I have no formal medical training I do have an understanding of diseases and pathologies, (it's a hobby) I understand the dangerous situation and wish to assist. I'm rather poor so I feel the money that I've given can't be enough. Please contact me if there is any opportunity to volunteer.

6 Shayne Tanner - I am currently in London but will travel where ever I am needed. I ran a flood damage restoration business in Australia for 15yrs. I can offer Building skills, team leading and motivating and am also a great problem solver under pressure. If any one needs my help please let me know. Email: shaynetanner@btinternet.com

7 Jon Zuckerman - I am in Washington, DC,and looking for a way to help the relief effort. I can stay as long as needed and have extensive construction experience. I am a carpenter and am willing to do whatever is needed of me. I am 29 years old. Please contact me at jonzuckerman@hotmail.com or 508 246 2468

8 John Armstrong - I would like to offer my services as a volunteer in any area affected by the recent tsunami event. I would work ANYWHERE and would do whatever was required, no matter how traumatic it would be. I am self-employed and can easily arrange to be available for the next month at least. I am willing to help fund the cost of actually getting to the disaster area. I live in Scotland and have worked on a farm for the majority of my life. I have a wide range of practical skills with experience in the use of excavation machinery. Hard physical work is certainly not a problem. If anyone can use me, please get in touch asap at this e-mail address. john@specialfx.co.uk

9 Jessica - I have just spent several months in Southern India esp. Tamil Nadu, and returned to New York this summer. I would be willing to volunteer for an unspecified amount of time. I have years of experience in construction, but would be willing to help in all areas, be it organizing in New York, or travelling to India to lend a hand. Please contact me at jessegall@yahoo.com, or (718) - 344 - 4990 (USA)

10 Jason Kay - I am a 27 year old male living in New York. I'm currently a web developer. However, I would like to help in any capacity possible. I'm healthy, strong and have lots of travel experience. I have some basic carpentry and framing experience (good at building things). I also have previous first aid certifications. I am eager to help out in any way possible. The best way to reach me is through email at jasonkay19@yahoo.com

11 Fabio Souza - from Brazil, I am 26 years old and I am available for the next month in order to work as volunteer in any part of the disaster at Asia. I have got a number of skills including IT , carpenter, mechanical engineering... but also willing to do anything to help. Email fcoelhodesouza@yahoo.com

12 Henryi said : US based volunteer worker - construction experience, electrician, former Paramedic ready to leave on 1 day notice, pay own transportation. Henryi@bigfoot.com

13 Veronika - I want to volunteer in south east asia countries. I’m available from now, able to pay all my cost. Can clean, build, help with anything. Email: veronikagall@hotmail.com or 004407855532874 UK

14 Galen Murton - completely available for the next six months. I am a 27 year old American male with extensive overseas experience as well as building, leadership and basic first aid training. I am ready to depart from Boston as soon as possible. Please contact me at galenbmurton@hotmail.com and/or phone 207-761-0285

15 Richard Giddens - I am a New Zealander based in Melbourne Australia and am available to help. Can leave at short notice - Telecommunications/pabx/cabling is my trade - so if there is a need for people like me please let me know asap. Can also help with anything that is needed - general labour or building. Contact me richard.gidddens@gmail.com for phone number and cv etc - happy to work for nothing.

16 Patrick - I can do masonary, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work. I am currently in Atlanta Georgia. I am willing to assist until the job is done. My heart prays for you , and I give my hands to work for you. Email: Ultschp@wmconnect.com

17 Gino - I live in Chicago and am currently negotiating with my partner on how much time I have to offer of myself for this tragedy. I am available within days, and could be available for up to one year. That part is still undecided. I have extensive first aid, construction and experience working with people. I have a volunteering spirit and very strong ability to endure uncomfortable surroundings or environment, including sick people and smells. I lived very close to "Ground Zero" In NYC and I am no stranger to this type of environment, including the trauma and post trauma associated with it. I am currently employed as cabin crew for a major airline in Chicago and am in negotiations with them on how we can offer services to assist the victims and volunteers to expedite any aide that is trying to get to ASIA. Please contact me if you need my help in person, or have ideas on how we can get people from my airline and hometown to help. I am 100% at your service. Just tell me what you need. Please e-mail me directly at Egino11fly@aol.com

18 AmberDesigns - I am a designer with a degree in Interior Architecture. I have designed medical facilities and alternative housing. I would like to volunteer to assist with shelter reconstruction in Thailand. I also have considerable training in crisis counseling. I can assist for at least a month. Email: conversewithamber@yahoo.com

19 Chris Hudson - I live in Pennsylvania and am willing to donate however much time it takes. I have plenty of carpentry and framing experience, and I spent three years in the U.S. Army. I'm very able bodied and am willing to help in any way I can to get the world through this huge tragedy.Address: 3836 Harper Court, Bethlehem, PA 18020. Phone: 610-866-0386. Email: mcsenseone@yahoo.com

20 Matthaios Skoutaris - Able and wanting to leave immediately for affected areas. 25 year old student in Scotland. Very strong fit and healthy. Experience in construction and working at sea. +447769506180 - mobile+441415343059 - homemattskoutaris@yahoo.co.uk

21 Hugh Plant - Would like to volunteer for relief work anywhere affected by the Tsunami/earthquake for up to one year. Presently on leave from Parsons Transportation Group. Just finished 5 yr highway construction project in Colorado. Have MS degree in Environmental Engineering. 55 yr old male in excellent health and physical condition. Willing to do what ever is necessary. Hugh. Call at 970-309-2004 or email to hplant@sopris.net

22 Nick Alan - I am currently living in the US mid-Atlantic region and would like to volunteer where I am needed. I have a broad range of skills (including supervision/management) and would be well-placed as a team leader for a clean-up or reconstruction crew. I am awaiting approval from my current employer for time off but am expecting to be available for a three or four week trip. I am well-traveled internationally, including Asia, and am current on necessary shots/immunizations for immediate travel. Email: nick_alan79@yahoo.com

23 Angela & Daniel - My husband and I live in Texas and we are willing to do whatever we can to help ANYWHERE we are needed. Sitting here watching those poor people suffer like that and not being able to reach out and help them is killing me. We just want to try to help give them some sort of reason to want to go on after such a tragedy. My husband is skilled in construction and neither of us are afraid to get his hands dirty. Email: dday73@earthlink.net or phone 512-296-3109.

24 Andrew Carroll - I AM A 32 YEAR OLD MALE WILLING TO HELP IN ANY WAY. I HAVE OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN CONSTRUCTION, INCLUDING DEMOLITION AND RECONSTRUCTION. Email: acarroll419@yahoo.com

25 Anonymous - 25 years experience as a professional rescue firefighter, advanced oxygen therapy, senior first aid etc, disaster search and rescue trained. I am also – an Electrician – (licensed ‘A’ Class Electrician)25 years plus Building experience. Own tool available Trained and skilled in the operation of many different types of machinery i.e. chain saw, elevated work platforms, earthmoving equipment (bob cat, front end loaders, tractors etc), water well drilling Irrigation. Driving – licensed and experienced in heavy trucks, buses (large passenger accredited) , 4x4, 4x6 trucks, forklift, motor cycle. Australian Army – 3 years regular army, Communications Technician, (corp. of signals) Army engineer – Army Firefighter – trained in decontamination, rescue etc, campsite set-ups incl. water, water power and communication supply, generator operation and maintenance, electricity supply safety. Sundries- professional photographer, volunteer for CANTEEN (teenagers living with cancer), current passport, police check. Email: pearo@adam.com.au or ph 61 8 83515533

26 Jonny Moffett - i wish to offer my services. i am a plumber sanitation engineer. i live in the united kingdom. Phone 02870320984 or e.mail daithegas@hotmail.com
8 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Steve Rotolo and I am a Contractor living in America with a strong background of building and contruction. I own my own business and would love to take time off to go overseas and help the Tsunami vitctims. Please contact me at sstecz@eden.rutgers.edu. Thanks!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

my name is richard e clark from uk i am a 41 year old carpenter/builder wanting to give my tools and skills to the thai people.i have been to thailand on 2 occations before and have had vaccinations.
i would like to help in any way i can please contact me at rclark1963@aol.com

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Jeff Coppa, Age: 35, Grade Setter, Heavy Equipment Operator, Available To Help Now! 916.548.9825

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello. My name is Farouk Sheikh and live in New York. I am 35 years old and healthy and well. I am avaialble for at least 30-60 days and am prepared to leave immeidately. I own my own businesses and have experience in managing people in a team environment, logistical organizational, international procurment and movement of goods and services and have been involved in new home construction in the US and in the developing world. [Masters degree in Property Valuation & Law]. Further, I have some EMT training and though I am not a doctor I do have an understanding of diseases and pathologies. Also, my understanding of local cultural and religious issues may be of some importance. Finally, having grown up in Kenya, East Africa, I understand how things work in developing countries and what motivates people to get things done. I am very keen and eager to help and may be contacted on +1 201 679 1169 or at farouk@investecpc.com . I am able to pay my own air fare, etc to get to wherever I am needed if necessary.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am an experienced house builder from london i specialize in all aspects of roofing,i would like to volunteer and help in any way i can in asia, i am able to pay all flights etc.Please contact me via email on funkyskunk65@aol.com

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am a telecommunications expert and have construction, infrastructure background building communications and integrations. I would also help in any other way. I am 35, fit and healthy, single. Contact me winfree@digitallinkcorp.com

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

i am a carpenter, with specific skills in log and timber frame construction. i am also a former member of the canadian army reserve. willing to go to the disaster area at the start of may for as long as required. anyone know how? contact me at dovink@hotmail.com

5:42 PM  
Anonymous CSCS test said :

It is very good and helpful work as Volunteers work in building and construction to Tsunami help. Every country proud of volunteers work.

2:22 AM