Tsunami Help Home   Enquiry   Missing Persons   News Updates   Help Needed   Help Offered  

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Volunteers willing to work in Indonesia

Collated from blog responses

1 Anonymous - Hi I am a Singaporean prepared to fly back to SEA immediately if there is anyone requiring volunteers, particularly in north sumatra. You can email me at dark_interpreter@fastmail.fm or SMS +447904734807

2 Bernd - I'm a 27 year old Engineer living and working in Singapore. I would like to volunteer in Sumatra, since I have friends there, some of them have lost their relatives in Aceh... I can speak German, English, French, Chinese (Mandarin) and some Spanish and a little bit Indonesian. Anybody who coordinates a volunteer group for North-Sumatra (Aceh) please contact me via email bwittstock@web.de .

3 Anonymous - I am in Scotland, very happy to help - spk basic Bahasa Indonesia , and used to life in SE Asia. No formal experience, but very willing to go out to Asia if required, or do stuff here - and have the time. Raising funds over New Year with Red Cross in Edinburgh - if you are here and want to join - (44) 7743 317 207 - moontravels2@yahoo.co.uk.

4 Josie Clowney - Hi, I speak Indonesian/Malay, am currently in the US. What can I do to help? Three indonesian-speaking friends of mine are also willing to fly to southeast asia if needed. Email: jclowney@umich.edu , Phone 734-277-7971

5 Anonymous - I am currently in Southern Thailand and would like to volunteer either here or in Indonesia. I can travel to any given location within either of these countries. I have at least 1 month to give. Please let me know if there is any need for my services out there. I am 34, healthy, and ready to help out in any way I can. Email: ash1227@yahoo.com

6 Anonymous – I’m in Brunei and would like to volunteer to go to Indonesia to help out...i am available for the next 2 months.. i only have very basic first aid knowledge but i can speak malay english and chinese which might be useful but otherwise i just want to help out in any way i can since my bank account wont help... Email at dys_angel@yahoo.com or +6738 653882

7 Mel - I would like to volunteer! I am currently in the US but willing to travel to the region. Able to converse with Indonesians. Email: melissaradzi@hotmail.com
16 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi there:

My name is Brandon Barron, and I currently reside in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I am self employed and could leave immediately to go to Indonesia (or any other area) to assist with the relief effort. I can stay as long as need be, even a few years if need be. I am 28 years old and in good health. I can be contacted via email at bbarroninsc@yahoo.com or by telephone at (843)497-3592.

11:40 PM  
Blogger emma said :

Hi my name is Emma Krajicek. I am a recent Bcom graduate living in South Africa. I want to help in any of the affected areas for as long as im needed. I am fit and strong and will do any work given to me. contact me on +27 31 2088637 or emmakraj@hotmail.com

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jeff said :

I am a 43yr old American with a background in SAR, both in Logistics & Operations. I am an Engineering Technician with a very solid background in 3D & 2D Drafting & Design. I am more than willing to help in any capacity in S. Asia. Please contact:

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I am from the U.S. and only speak english but I have experience working with disaster relief with the Red Cross in Florida this year. I would love to volunteer but don't know how I can help. Please contact me!
annaengelmann@hotmail.com

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello, My name is anthony and I am a 31 year old male diving/first aid instructor. I am able bodied and willing to do anything to help for as long as it takes. I possess great leadership skills and would be an asset to the relief.

Contact Immediately,
Worldstomper@comcast.net

3:49 PM  
Blogger Daniel Blanche said :

I am ready to go, ex uk army royal enginner and have construction road/rail skills, drive all plant machinery, vehcle mainatance/repair, excelent pc skills, man managment, highly organised and first aid trained. Availble 3-6 month's possibley longer. UK based. you can get me on dannydev@orange.net or d.blanche@clubhavanas.com

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

I would like to volunteer in any city where I would be most needed. I am 21 year old male attending college in the United States, so I don't exactly have too much money. I would just need some help with air fare. Contact me at mx3man83@yahoo.com.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Couple from USA who have travelled through-out Indonesia would like to volunteer their services. My wife is a psychologist with a specialization in Trauma. I have a background on Capitol Hill. Please e-mail us at RandSMilgrom@aol.com.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi
I am willing and feel an immense drive to help overseas. I curently live in san diego and I am able to spend as much time need be helping the relief. I have some medical experience and would be honered to assist in the relief. 858 829 1333.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hello. My name is Farouk Sheikh and live in New York. I am 35 years old and healthy and well. I am avaialble for at least 30-60 days and am prepared to leave immeidately. I own my own businesses and have experience in managing people in a team environment, logistical organizational, international procurment and movement of goods and services and have been involved in new home construction in the US and in the developing world. [Masters degree in Property Valuation & Law]. Further, I have some EMT training and though I am not a doctor I do have an understanding of diseases and pathologies. Also, my understanding of local cultural and religious issues may be of some importance. Finally, having grown up in Kenya, East Africa, I understand how things work in developing countries and what motivates people to get things done. I am very keen and eager to help and may be contacted on +1 201 679 1169 or at farouk@investecpc.com . I am able to pay my own air fare, etc to get to wherever I am needed if necessary.

11:45 PM  
Blogger specialagent777 said :

I’m Jake. 27 year old with no current obligations. I have valid passport and sleeping bag and can leave to help as soon as someone gets a hold of me. From where ever you are right now at whatever time; AM/PM, call me and I'll be there. 310-938-1263. My email specialagent69@hotmail.com I worked for my parents doing expo/trade shows for 6 years, then 9 years in the clerical field. I'm fit, and I moved to Los Angeles to do acting, however I'm still one of the waiting. I can wait in Southeast Asia and make myself useful at the same time. I WANT TO HELP. CALL ME. Deo Volente - PEACE!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Katie said :

I am 20 years old, and an australian female living in the philippines. i'm fluent in english and filipino, if that can be any good. i've had experience in distributing food and clothing to homeless and street people. i'm accustomed to the simplest 3rd world living conditions. i have a huge passion to go to ANY of the affected regions,and would pay my own airfare, if only i can have a group or organisation to be a part of when i get there. as i said i'm in the philippines and it's very nearby. i can leave as soon as i get word where to go and with who to work with. i don't care what i have to do. i've had extensive experience in many fields - food preparation, serving, childcare, cleaning, even some heavy lifting. please contact me at square_preachers@yahoo.com
also my friend amy from new zealand wishes to join, she has basic pilot skills and first aid experience.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi, I am a 37 year old Swiss willing to work as a volunteer in Sumatra. I have worked as a volunteer many times and have experience in relief work (fixing water system, reconstructing pathes in the mountains). I could begin immediatly or in Ferbuary. Please contact me at reszangger@gmx.ch

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Hi,
I am a 20 year old Irish, male currently living in Perth Australia, I have basic first aid skills and feel a great urg to help any way I can. I am willing to work in Indonesia or anywere hit by the tsunami, I don't know how to help so please contact me at: winterlich@gmail.com

10:37 AM  
Blogger Nathan said :

Very willing to be involved in relief efforts for indefinite time period. Experience in NGO work - capacity building and construction skills. Can pay for my own airfare if needed. Hardworking and want to help.

idahon8@hotmail.com

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

My name is Brett; I just came home to the USA 2 days before the tsunami hit from almost 8 years working on a project in the mountains of west Java Indonesia (Including almost 4 yrs living in a small village). I speak Bahasa Indonesia and I am familiar with the culture. By trade I am an electrical power and project management consultant but I am willing to help any way possible.
I would like to volunteer my services to help with the relief effort. I am available here or in the field, living in one of the small villages is not new to me.
What can I do?
Brett
Brett@b-garrett.com

7:22 AM